Men’s Health Care Services in Plano,TX
When it comes to having regular checkups or visiting their doctor at the first sign of illness or physical or emotional distress, many men tend to procrastinate or ignore their symptoms.
However, men are just as susceptible to a wide range of health issues as women, children, and teens. Add to that the well-known fact that women generally tend to live longer than men – on average by 6 to 8 years – and it should be clear that in order to maintain a healthy and productive quality of life, men need to be attentive to their overall well-being.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the leading causes of mortality among adult men are:
- Heart disease
- Cancer (notably, prostate)
- Unintentional Injuries
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Lung Diseases)
- Influenza and pneumonia
- Kidney disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
And that’s just the Top 10.
Quality Health Care for Men
At North Texas Family Medicine in Plano, Texas, men’s health is one of our top priorities.
Health care services we offer our adult male patients include:
- Preventive care services, including annual checkups, vaccinations, and physicals. We screen for all types of health and wellness problems such as blood pressure, cancer, cholesterol, diabetes, depression, hearing loss, obesity, and vision difficulties.
- Counseling for health-related concerns such as dealing with tobacco cessation, curbing alcohol use, losing weight, and maintaining good nutrition. We partner with men to develop personalized treatment plans and health care routines that will benefit their specific needs.
- Care for acute and chronic health issues. A North Texas provider can diagnose and treat a wide variety of acute injuries and illnesses, such as cold and flu symptoms, ear or sinus infections, conjunctivitis (pink eye), skin rashes, or injuries requiring stitches or immobilization. We also help our patients – both male and female – manage chronic issues and diseases, including arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and sleep disorders, among many other conditions.
It’s important for men of all ages to get appropriate medical attention and health care, starting with regular visits to a family physician who can help identify potential concerns as early as possible.So, don’t put off your checkup for another day. Call North Texas Family Medicine today at (972) 599-2567 to schedule a visit. Better yet, you can request your appointment right now.