Pediatric Care in Plano, TX
The dedicated and compassionate providers at North Texas Family Medicine have extensive experience diagnosing and treating children from birth through adolescence.
In addition to their training in preventive medicine and the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illnesses, our pediatric providers have unique expertise in child development and behavior, enabling them to provide the highest quality care for children of all ages.
Whether your child is sick or requires a school physical, we are equipped to expertly handle all of your child’s healthcare needs.
Providing the Best Pediatric Medical Services for Your Child
To ensure your child’s optimal health, it is recommended that you schedule regular visits with your North Texas Family Medicine pediatric provider during the first two years of your child’s life, a critical time when growth and development are so rapid. Once your child is three years old, well-child visits can be scheduled less frequently, at least once a year.
During your child’s well visit, our caring provider will perform a thorough examination that is appropriate for your child’s age and development. This includes:
- A vision and hearing screening
- Recording developmental milestones
- Checking your child’s vital signs
- Conducting a sports or school physical, if needed
- Discussing relevant health and safety topics
- Providing specific recommended vaccines and treatments appropriate for your child’s ageTreatment for Acute and Chronic Pediatric Conditions
Treatment for Acute and Chronic Pediatric Conditions
If your child is sick, our experienced pediatric providers will quickly diagnose the illness and provide prompt treatment for acute or chronic pediatric conditions, including:
- ADD and ADHD (via Vanderbilt screening)
- Asthma and allergies
- Autism (an MCHAT evaluation)
- Burns (minor)
- Diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting
- Earaches and ear infections
- Sore throat, coughs, cold, and flu
- Sprains and broken bones
- Stomachaches and stomach flu
- Strep throat
- Type 2 diabetes
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
For prompt treatment or to arrange a well-child visit, call North Texas Family Medicine today at (972) 599-2567 or use our convenient online request an appointment form.